JAPANESE WHETSTONE GRIT 3000/8000 - KASUMI
- 200 - 240 : Pre-sharpening of dull knives or small repairs
- 800 - 2000 : Standard - For regular sharpening / edge maintenance
- 3000 - 4000 : For perfect sharpening - for use after 1000
- 6000 - 12000 : Polishing - the knife becomes ideal for use after the 3000
There are different types of water stones and ceramic stones. Normally, a medium grit stone is sufficient to start with.
However, if the blade is dull or damaged, it may be necessary to start with a coarse grit. There are several differences between water stones and ceramic stones.
A water stone needs to be placed in water and left to soak for 10 to 15 minutes to allow it to absorb enough moisture. A ceramic stone also needs water, but it should only be soaked in water for 3-5 minutes.
A ceramic stone is harder than a water stone, so it will sharpen your knives faster. A ceramic stone will last longer and will not develop valleys or grooves as easily as a water stone.
Hold the knife so that the blade meets the stone at an angle of 10 to 15 degrees, then push back and forth on the stone in even strokes, maintaining the same angle.
Brand : Kasumi
Origin : Japan
Size : 18 x 6 x 3 cm
Grain size : Double 3000/8000
Included : Shusei Toishi with stand
- 📦 DPD/Chronopost 48H
- 📦 DHL International : 3-7 Days