JAPANESE WHETSTONE 240/1000 GRIT - KASUMI
Kasumi's combination water stones keep your knife blade sharp. If the edge of your blade is in poor condition, start sharpening with the coarse #240 grit of the water stone. If your blade is in average condition, start with the medium grit #1000. These two grits will allow your knives to be sharp enough for normal household use. When the stone becomes uneven, use the included flattening stone to smooth the surface for optimal sharpness.
How to use the Kasumi sharpening stones
There are different types of water stones and ceramic stones. Normally, a medium grit stone is sufficient to start with. However, if the blade is dull or damaged, it may be necessary to start with a coarse grit. There are several differences between water stones and ceramic stones. A water stone needs to be placed in water and left to soak for 10 to 15 minutes to allow it to absorb enough moisture. A ceramic stone also needs water, but it should only be soaked in water for 3-5 minutes. A ceramic stone is harder than a water stone, so it will sharpen your knives faster. A ceramic stone will last longer and will not develop valleys or grooves as easily as a water stone.
- The stone should be soaked for the required time before use.
Hold the knife so that the blade meets the stone at an angle of 10 to 15 degrees, then push back and forth on the stone in even strokes, maintaining the same angle.
- Maintaining the same angle is most important and you will know you are maintaining the same angle by the sound the knife makes against the stone.
- If you make the same sound with each back and forth motion against the stone, you are maintaining the same angle.
- Repeat the above step on both sides of the blade, moving from side to side until your knife is sharp and there are no burrs on either side.
- While sharpening, some wet powder will appear, but do not wash or wipe this residue off and continue sharpening. Although this powder looks unsightly, it is this residue that sharpens the knives.
- After sharpening, your knives should be washed in hot water and then dried with a towel.
Brand : Kasumi
Origin : Japan
Size : 18 x 6 x 3 cm
Grain size : Double 240/1000
Included : Shusei Toishi with stand
- 📦 DPD/Chronopost 48H
- 📦 DHL International : 3-7 Days