A wakizashi is a Japanese sword shorter than a katana but longer than a tanto. It is a versatile weapon that can be used in both offensive and defensive situations.
If you are interested in buying a wakizashi, you should consider several factors in order to make the best choice for your needs.
In this article, we will discuss the different types of wakizashi available and the features you should look for before making your purchase.
What is a wakizashi?
The wakizashi is a Japanese sword that is often considered the "little brother" of the katana.
Wakizashi blades are generally half the length of katana blades, making them ideal for everyday use and close combat. If you want to see more katana, check this page!
Wakizashi are often carried by samurai in addition to their katana, and are sometimes used as their primary weapon in combat.
So how do you choose a wakizashi that is right for you? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- the length of the blade: look for a wakizashi that is comfortable to use and suits your style.
- blade material: damascus steel is a popular choice for wakizashi because it offers great strength and durability
- handle: make sure the handle is comfortable and offers a good grip.
Why do you want a wakizashi?
Do you want to buy a samurai sword? Wakizashi are the perfect choice for your inner samurai. But why?
Here are three reasons:
- first, the wakizashi is the perfect size. It's compact enough to carry around easily, but it still packs a lot of punch.
- Second, the wakizashi is a versatile weapon. It can be used for both slashing and stabbing attacks.
- Third, the wakizashi is affordable. You can buy a good quality wakizashi for less than 200€.
What are the different types of wakizashi?
There are three main types of wakizashi:
- the hira zukuri
- the katana zukuri
- the tachi zukuri
The hira zukuri is the most common type and has a simple rounded shape.
The katana zukuri is narrower and more curved, similar to a katana blade.
Finally, the tachi zukuri is the longest type of wakizashi and was originally used as a hand weapon by the samurai.
When choosing a wakizashi, it is important to consider your own preferences and needs. Do you want a sword that is easy to handle and quick to draw? Or are you looking for something more ornate and traditional?
With our wide selection of Japanese wakizashi, you are sure to find the perfect blade for you.
How to choose the right wakizashi for you?
When choosing your wakizashi, you should ask yourself the following questions: What is your size? What is your strength? What is your style? And finally, what is your budget?
Our products are classified into 4 main categories: Children's and Women's Sizes, Men's Sizes and Elite. The products in the Elite range are reserved for collectors and customers with high purchasing power.
You will also find damascus steel wakizashi, which are handmade and have a high quality.
Care and maintenance of wakizashi
Care of your wakizashi is important to ensure optimal use and life of your sword. Here are some simple tips to keep your wakizashi in top condition:
- Keep the blade dry and clean.
- Wipe it after each use with a soft cloth.
- Do not use ordinary metal polish on the blade. This can damage the sword. Instead, use a mild oil, such as camellia oil or mineral oil.
- Store the sword in a safe place, preferably in its original scabbard, when not in use.
Wakizashi were originally created to be used as a secondary weapon to the katana.
Although they are generally shorter, wakizashi have the same striking power.
These weapons are an integral part of Japanese history and are still popular today.
If you are interested in purchasing a wakizashi, here is what you need to know about this traditional weapon.